The headshot. It’s the single most important marketing tool for an actor, and it’s amazing how many people do it wrong just to cut a few corners. Actors, it’s time to take it more seriously. When that little headshot jpeg pops up on a casting director’s computer, you want them to say, “Yes, bring that person in!” Not “Yikes, that guy kinda scares me.”
Your headshot is your calling card. A nice color 8×10 of your face, from which people will hire you, and you will make lots of money for them. It will be sent out and emailed to tons of casting directors and agents, who see hundreds of these every day, on their desk and on their computer. If your headshot is bad, you look bad. You want to be seen as a pro, not an amateur, so the way you present yourself in your picture is everything. If you want people to take you seriously, you must have a good, high quality, killer headshot. Not an iPhone pic, not a Facebook photo of you outside with the wind gently blowing your hair, and not a JCPenney glamour shot with palm trees in the background that you reproduced at Kinko’s. Save those for your grandma’s mantel.
Contact EZPhotography@aol.com to schedule your session today. Servicing Orlando to Cocoa Beach to Melbourne, Fl.
10 Things Everyone Should Know When Hiring a Professional Photographer
- Quality – This may honestly be the biggest factor to consider. Depending on your need, quality may vary in importance a little, but not much. Passport photos? Maybe quality isn’t a huge factor, but it still has to be done properly and within the letter of the law. Wedding Photos? What could be more important? For most couples it may be the only thing left from their wedding day and having amazing images to hold on to for all your life is key. When it comes to professional or corporate images, your image and brand identity can rest on how you appear to prospective clients and colleagues. Best to make sure in all cases that the photographer you hire is going to produce the highest quality possible.
- Reliability – Whatever the reason you hire a professional photographer for, you are going to want to make sure that they will be there on time(early) and ready to work with the right equipment to do the job. You can always ask for references. If someone you are looking to hire can’t or won’t provide them, you may need to look elsewhere.
- Legitimacy – Many people have been burned when hiring a photographer. Hedge your bets against it by making sure that whoever you hire is licensed and insured. The last thing you want to find out if something goes wrong is that you can’t recover your images or any damages because there were no safeties in place to protect you.
- Style – Whatever your event or project may be, style is a huge consideration. You can easily set yourself up for disappointment by hiring a photographer that, although talented, shoots in a completely different style than what you like. Photo shoots most often go wrong when the client and the photographer are on different pages stylistically. If an artist likes to use a lot of lights and their work has a very high color and contrast to it, they may not be right if you are trying to achieve a light and airy feel. Many photographers can shoot in several different styles, just make sure to have that conversation with them when you inquire about the job.
- Personality – This factor is very often overlooked. Depending on the size of the project that you need photography for, you may be spending a good amount of time with the photographer. If you don’t click on a personal level, it can affect the final images. It’s hard to be comfortable in front of the camera as it is. It’s even more so when you don’t connect with the person taking the images. Expression is the key to the most compelling images and great expression comes from the artist being able to draw that out of the subject.
- Consistency – Everyone has good days and bad, especially artists. Skill and experience can make the difference between a photographer who can deliver sometimes and one that delivers every time. It’s okay to ask a photographer for more samples of their work than just what they put on their website. Ask for finished products. If it’s for professional work, ask for links to websites where a client has utilized the artist’s images. If it’s a wedding ask to see entire galleries of recent weddings and wedding albums. If it’s headshots for acting ask for examples of reproductions and what work the photographer’s clients have booked using the headshots they made for them.
- Availability – Obviously you want your photographer to be available to shoot your project, but what this really means is can you get a hold of them. Do they respond to your emails, return your phone calls and answer all of your questions? A good photographer will be available or have a member of their staff available to you that will be able to respond and reach out to you in a timely fashion. If your photographer is difficult to get a hold of leading up to your shoot, it is probably not going to get any easier afterwards. A good response time for emails is no more than 48 hours (business days) and phone calls should be returned the same day if the original call was before noon. Then next day if after. If you call on a Friday, be prepared to wait until Monday to hear back.
- Reputation – It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to build a good reputation in your community. Anyone who you hear about consistently as being great to work with and putting out great work should be someone worth looking at. That being said there are many photographers to choose from and a quick Google search can tell you a lot. Once you find someone you are thinking about hiring, make sure to ask around a bit and see if anyone you know has worked with them before. If not it doesn’t mean they are no good, but hearing advice from someone you trust is a great way to start building confidence in your hiring decisions. When all else fails in this scenario, check references!
- Price – Price is important, but maybe not in the way that you think. If you go out looking for the person that will do the job for the least amount of money, you will almost always get what you pay for. It’s true that sometimes you will find someone good for cheap and sometimes even somebody not so great for a lot, but more often than not you will get exactly what you pay for. Do some research into what you should expect to pay for the services that you are interested in. Throw a shout out on Facebook, do a few internet searches and make a few phone calls. Usually you will land somewhere in the middle and when paired up against all the other factors listed here, price should not be your number 1 concern. If it is you may end up disappointed and paying somebody to do the job again. In the case of weddings, you don’t get that chance so choose carefully.
- Community – Most photographers are small business owners and as such, life can get in the way sometimes. Being a part of your local, state and national photography associations is a huge benefit not only to the photographers but also the clients. In case of any emergency, photographers who take part in these groups are connected to a network of hundreds of other photographers who can be there to help in the event of any emergency by covering jobs and making sure that the client is always taken care of. Being a part of a larger community makes small businesses stronger. Inquire as to whether or not the photographer you are thinking of hiring is a member of PPA, FPP and their local photography group. Central Florida’s professional photography group is the PPSCF and they have been providing education and networking for photographers for more than 20 years. The FPP, the state professional photography organization has been doing the same for the state of Florida for 80 years and the PPA, the national organization has been the backbone of the professional photographic industry since 1880.
Posted in Actor headshots, Beach Portraits, Children's Portraits, Commercial Photography, Comp Card photos, Engagement, Wedding & Event Photography, Family Portraits, Headshots, High School Senior Portraits, Maternity Portraits, Newborn Portraits, Preschool Portraits, Vacation Photos
Tagged adoption photographer, Adoption photos, baptism portraits, beach photos, children beach photos, children's commercial photography, children's modeling photos, Cocoa Beach family Portraits, Cocoa Beach portraits, commercial clothing photographs, commercial photography, Commercial shoot, coupless maternity portraits, Melbourne FL Portrait photography, Melbourne's Premier Portrait photographer, preschool portraits, urban kids photos
Melbourne Florida Photographer, Estelle Zaret of EZ-Photography.com captured this family at their finest. They decided to get family photos on the beach while vacationing in Melbourne Beach, Fl.
Love the color choices of their beach outfits. the kids were so fun and MOM and dad were gorgeous!! What a great combination for great images!!
See you at the beach!!
Posted in Beach Portraits, Children's Portraits, Family Portraits, Vacation Photos
Tagged beach photos, children beach photos, Cocoa Beach family Portraits, family portraits, Family portraits Melbourne FL, Melbourne FL Portrait photography, melbourne FL portraits, melbourne portraits, Melbourne's Premier Portrait photographer
Family’s beach photos in Melbourne, Florida.
Looking for professional beach photos while vacationing in Florida?
What better way to remember your SUMMER than beach portraits.
Please like our page at EZ Photography
To view more of our work, check out the website www.EZ-Photography.com or stop by and leave some love on our blog www.EZ-Photography.com/blog
For inquiries or to book a session contact us at EZPhotography@aol.com
Posted in Beach Portraits, Children's Portraits, Family Portraits, Vacation Photos
Tagged beach photos, children beach photos, Cocoa Beach family Portraits, Cocoa Beach portraits, Family portraits Melbourne FL, Melbourne FL Portrait photography, melbourne portraits, Melbourne's Premier Portrait photographer
This lovely lady is an ACTIVE SENIOR who likes to model for local agencies in Orlando. She has lived a full life and now GRANDMA is having fun while modeling and acting in her free time. She is also a pretty good tennis player!!
The best way for casting directors to view you possible for a modeling job is with a comp card.
A comp card is a marketing tool for actors and especially models. They serve as the latest and best of a model’s portfolio and are used as a business card.
Posted in Actor headshots, Children's Portraits, Commercial Photography, Comp Card photos, Headshots, High School Senior Portraits
Tagged children's commercial photography, children's modeling photos, Cocoa Beach family Portraits, kids photos, melbourne FL portraits, Melbourne's Premier Portrait photographer, modeling headshots, urban kids photos
Model headshot and comp card photos are needed to start a modeling career for any age.
This little model in with The Diamond Agency
in Orlando FL. Here are a few sneak peaks from her session.
Her next step is to make a comp card.
To view more of our work, check out the website www.EZ-Photography.com
For inquiries or to book a session contact us at EZPhotography@aol.com.
Posted in Actor headshots, Children's Portraits, Comp Card photos, Headshots, Preschool Portraits
Tagged children's commercial photography, children's modeling photos, commercial clothing photographs, Commercial shoot, Family portraits Melbourne FL, kids photos, Melbourne FL Portrait photography, Melbourne's Premier Portrait photographer, preschool portraits, urban kids photos
**Repost from the Diamond Agency’s page**:
::IMPORTANT – HEADSHOTS & MODEL PHOTOS::
Agency: The Diamond Agency | Model & Talent
Talent and Models…We have had several major clients (who book constantly) ask us why the quality of photos have gotten so low in central FL. They have complained that photos look old, said many are not professional enough, and that many talent do not have enough to look at in the portfolios.
PLEASE REALIZE!! – If you have not had your shots done by an acclaimed photographer/s, clients will almost always over look you. Clients who book talent expect NYC, LA and Miami quality. Nothing less. If you are not booking work, there is a real reason.
***WE NEED BETTER PHOTOS IN THIS MARKET!! GET WITH GREAT PHOTOGRAPHERS!!***
If you have not paid at least $300 (a very reasonable price point) or more for your photos, they are likely not quality enough!
***MAJOR CLIENTS ARE SAYING CENTRAL FL PHOTOS NEED TO IMPROVE!***
Please help us book you by getting wonderful headshots and in-action, lifestyle/commercial style photos! Happy, fun photos where you are doing something or showing some movement.
Remember life’s special
moments with a photo from
EZ Photography in Melbourne, Florida
We are available at a moments notice for your personal beach sessions.
We currently service all Brevard County including Melbourne FL, Palm Bay Fl, Rockledge Fl, Merritt Island FL, Cocoa Beach Fl and every where in between.
Headshots, Is it worth spending the money?
Do you wonder how your headshots can really help you get noticed, or if investing the money is really worth it? The answers are simple. Your headshot is a thumbnail with at least 50 other images on a screen when a casting director first sees it. If you have a great one, you stand out among the crowd and are called in to audition. Therefor the investment for great headshots can lead to amazing auditions and direct bookings.
How do you find a photographer that can showcase me or my child in the best way? Do your homework on finding a photographer that fits your needs. Ask questions of industry peers on how their interaction was with you and/ or your child, check their website, their style to make sure it fits what you are looking for. There are many good photographers that can take a nice picture, but nice won’t cut it to get you noticed. Find one that fits your needs best and invest in their expertise, talent and bringing out the best in you!
EZ Photography is available for model headshots and comp card sessions in Central Florida. Traveling to south Florida by appointment.
Please email EZPhotography@aol.com
Find us on facebook